Monday, July 20, 2015

I finally did it. (7/8/15)


This deserves its own small post. Tonight, I ate ALL of the food they gave me for dinner. This is the first time this has happened with either of my host families. I was really hungry, and I didn’t get home until around 9 or 9:30 because I had a one-on-one tutoring session with my Mongolian language teacher at the school. The food wasn’t like a super amazing dish; it was your basic Mongolian tsouvan (again, more on correct spellings and dish descriptions later). However, I was really hungry. They served me a large heaping bowl, and I ate it all. I was amazed with myself. Meanwhile, I am having to wear a belt on the almost tightest loop because of the amount of weight I’ve lost. I don’t know how much since there’s no access to a scale, but judging by my clothes, it’s relatively significant. But back to the point. I ate an entire Mongolian serving of dinner. You should all be very proud.


~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment